Become A Friend of the Center!
- Raised over $30,000 to fund the Community of Life Mural located in the Center
- Raising fund to repair and reupholster theater seats
- Two time Honor Awards recipient of the USDA Forest Service Eastern Region Honor Awards for excellence in partnerships in 2002 and 2004
- Provided busing grants to area schools for students to attend educational programs at the Center.
- Launched 8 kayaks for coastal wetlands exploration and "Voyageurs Paddle Chequamegon Bay" living history programs.
- Donated over a dozen snowshoes (youth & adult) for use by the public at no charge
- Provide annual busing grants to area schools for students to attend educational programs at the Center
- Sponsor fundraisers at the Center including "Fright Night" to help provide funding for educational programming at the Center
- Acts as fiscal agent for grants that benefit the Center
- Operate the Spirit of the North Gift Shop at the Center with proceeds going towards supporting the Center including contribution to 2nd floor exhibits and general operation expenses and marketing ads for the Center's programs and facilities
- Employ staff members to operate store and assist with visitor servicesHost Center events, programs, and workshop
- Employ full-time maintenance staff for the Center
Friends of the Center Member Benefits:
- Free cup of bird friendly coffee with each visit to the Center
- 10% discount in the Spirit of the North Gift Shop at the Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center (plus other special discounts periodically)
- Receive email notifications of upcoming events at the Center
- Ability to attend Friends of the Center Annual Meeting to review budget, elect officers, etc.
- The good feeling of supporting the mission of the Center!
As a 501(c)(3)organization, the Friends of the Center Alliance Limited (FOCAL) is able to accept tax deductible donations. Join now!
Copyright Friends of the Center. All rights reserved.
10am-5pm Daily | 715.685.9983 | Free Admission | 29270 County Highway G, Ashland, WI 54806 | firstname.lastname@example.org